NC State's Brown to have knee surgery
- Krzyzewski: Ultimate honor to coach USA
- Mostly cleared Green Bay coach keeps job
- DePaul allowing F Kirk to seek transfer
- Elon joining CAA in latest expansion
- UConn C Wolf returns after case dropped
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) North Carolina State says guard Lorenzo Brown will have surgery on his right knee Tuesday.
School officials said Sunday that Brown will have the exploratory procedure to determine why he is having discomfort in the knee.
The school does not have a timetable for his return and says it will provide an update following the surgery.
Brown enters his junior season as one of the key players for the resurgent Wolfpack after helping them reach the round of 16 in the NCAA tournament in March.
He averaged 12.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 6.3 assists in his first full season at point guard while leading the Atlantic Coast Conference with 1.8 steals per game.
Updated June 24, 2012